Calls for Service – Jail Bookings
August 21, 2023 – August 27, 2023
Call for Service Summary:
- Calls for Service for Week: 236
- 2023 Calls for Service:7,544
- Traffic Stops/Enforcement: 81
- Citations: 8
- Arrests: 5
- Medical Emergency Calls: 16
- Mental Health/Check Welfare: 9
- Civil Mediation (Child Custody-Property): 9
- Harassment Reports: 5
- Domestics: 3
- Dog Complaints/Found Animals6
BLPD Arrests with Booking:
- Daniel Holappa (Age 39 – Big Lake, MN) Order Violation
- Devin Wilson (Age 36 – St Cloud, MN) Warrant and Controlled Substance
- Michael Smith (Age 30 – Big Lake, MN) Warrants
- John Kmecik (Age 56 – Big Lake, MN) Probation Violation
- Robert Berg (Age 71 – Plymouth, MN) Order Violation
Sunday, August 27, 2023
- Agency Assist – BLPD – Assisted Becker PD during a DWI.
- Assault – Lakeside Park – Investigated an assault report.
- Disturbance – Rose Dr – Horn sounding from a vehicle parked in a lot. Gone on arrival.
- Vandalism – Henry Rd – Residence egged overnight.
- Suspicious Person – Eagle Lake Rd N – Party asleep behind the wheel in a parking lot. Contacted the party.
- Suspicious Person – Highland Trl – Report of juveniles knocking on their door. Officers spoke with the juveniles.
Saturday, August 26, 2023
- Traffic Complaint – Hwy 10 EB – Monitored traffic on Hwy 10 for a vehicle approaching the city eastbound in the westbound lane. Unable to locate.
- Loud Noise – Eagle Lk Rd S – Spoke to resident about noise complaint.
- Suspicious Vehicle – Co Rd 73/Pond View Dr – Vehicle on the side of the road. Investigated. Spoke to owner about moving the vehicle.
- Community Policing – Blanding Ct/Pond View Dr – Stopped at a neighborhood block party.
- Order Violation – Pond View Cir – Report of a violation. Investigated. Party arrested and booked into Sherburne Jail.
- Disturbance – Forest Rd – Parties not getting along. Assisted in separating.
- Fire – Mitchell Rd – Fire in the oven. Responded ahead of FD. Verified everyone was out of the house. FD arrived.
- Disturbance – Highland Trl – Neighbors not getting along. Mediated.
- 911 Hang Up – Station St – Responded to apartment building. No problem found. Management notified of call.
- Suspicious Vehicle – Co Rd 43 – Checked a vehicle parked in a business after hours.
Friday, August 25, 2023
- Agency Assist/Traffic Stop – Hwy 10/200th Ave – Backed a deputy on a traffic stop.
- Public Assist – Atlantic/Arctic – Assisted a bicyclist with a broken tire.
- Suspicious Vehicle – 205th Ave – Called to check a vehicle on school property.
- Agency Assist, Theft – Glasgow Bay – Contacted suspect in a theft from Elk River.
Thursday, August 24, 2023
- Disturbance – Pacific Cir – Responded, investigated, and mediated.
- Disturbance – Henry Rd – Parties trying to start a fight. Officers responded.
- ATV Complaint – Pond View Cir – Questions about proper ATV use by a neighbor.
- Public Assist – Co Rd 43/Rose Dr – Assisted a truck and trailer out of the construction.
- Agency Assist/Medical – Co Rd 14/Hwy 25 – Assisted until State Patrol/Deputies arrived.
- Agency Assist – Powell Cir E – Attempted to gather information.
- Crash – Eagle Lk Rd/Park Ave – Single vehicle left road and struck a sign. Investigated.
- Suspicious Activity – Phyllis St –Sign of tampering. Investigated.
- Pick Up – Polk St – Probations requested an officer respond to arrest a party for a violation. Party taken into custody and booked into Sherburne Jail.
- Suspicious Activity – Meadow Ln – Someone tried door as if trying to enter. Area checked with no one located.
- Fire – Euclid Ave – Report of burning close to residence. Garbage can content on fire. BLFD called to put out fire.
Wednesday, August 23, 2023
- Traffic Complaint – Lakeshore Dr/Hwy 10 – Vehicles racing. Unable to locate.
- Warrant Attempt – Maple Ln – Officers located a party with two Sherburne warrants. Arrested and booked into jail.
- Traffic Complaint – Glenwood Ave – Vehicles speeding. Ongoing enforcement efforts.
- Community Policing – Lakeside Park – Officers stopped by the ECFE event in the park.
- Security Alarm – Lake St S – Responded and checked. Secure and no problems found.
- Suspicious Activity – Polk St – Followed up on report and investigated.
Tuesday, August 22, 2023
- 911 Hang Up – Station St – Checked apartment building. No problems found.
- Agency Assist/Crash – Co Rd 17/Hwy 10 – Handled a property damage crash as deputies were busy on other calls.
- Agency Assist/Medical – 15,000 block Hwy 10 – Assisted deputies.
- Fire Alarm – Wood Duck Ln – Responded with fire. No problems found.
- Theft – Birch Ave – Report taken.
- Traffic Complaint – WB Hwy 10/Waco St – Watched Hwy 10 for vehicle traveling toward BL.
- Ordinance Violation – Lakeshore Dr – Spoke with resident about ordinance violation.
- Agency Assist/Crash – Co Rd 14/Co Rd 43 – Responded to and handled a single vehicle crash for deputies as they were busy on other calls.
- Agency Assist/911 Hang Up – 180th Ct – 911 call with static on the line. Officer called resident and made contact prior to response. No problems.
- Agency Assist/Fire – Hwy 10/Co Rd 50 – Garbage can on fire in the middle of the highway.
- Agency Assist/Mental Health – 20,000 blk Co Rd 14 – Backed a deputy on a mental health.
Monday, August 21, 2023
- Public Assist – Park Ave – Gave transportation to a party that thought they were being followed.
- Repossession – Station St – Called to mediate for a tow truck driver and vehicle owner.
- Parking Complaint – Sanford Ave – Ordinance violations not corrected. Citations issued.
- Crash – Martin/Eagle Lk Rd – Phone call to document incident, past action.
- Community Policing – Aberdeen Way – An officer stopped at a home daycare for a visit.
- Order Violation – Birch Ave – Responded to a domestic. Investigated. Learned a court order was violated. Arrested party for violating the order. Booked into Sherburne Jail.
- Traffic Stop – Hwy 10/Co Rd 11 – Stopped for revoked driver. Driver also had a felony warrant. Driver taken into custody. Pills suspected to be a controlled substance were in the vehicle. Driver booked into Sherburne County Jail for possession of the controlled substance and the warrant.