Calls for Service – Jail Bookings
October 23, 2023 – October 29, 2023
Call for Service Summary:
- Calls for Service for Week: 270
- 2023 Calls for Service:9,754
- Traffic Stops/Enforcement: 89
- Citations: 17
- Arrests: 0
- Medical Emergency Calls: 11
- Mental Health/Check Welfare: 11
- Civil Mediation (Child Custody-Property): 7
- Harassment Reports: 3
- Domestics: 3
- Dog Complaints/Found Animals 4
- Suspicious Activity/Vehicle/Person 6
BLPD Arrests with Booking:
Sunday, October 29, 2023
- Agency Assist – 163rd St – Assisted deputy on a call with something on a deck making noise. Checked, and found signs it was likely a bear.
- Fire – BL Public Works – Report of compost on fire. Investigated. Called FD to respond. No active fire found.
- Public Assist – Hwy 10/172nd St – Checked on people walking in the ditch near a vehicle on the side of the road. They were looking for a cell phone that slid off the hood.
- Agency Assist/Fire – Co Rd 14 – Assisted deputy with a call of a farm on fire. Found it was a potato treatment sprayed into the storage buildings that was leaking out the doors.
- Burning Complaint – Powell St N – Report of heavy smoke. Found a homeowner was getting equipment ready for winter and the start ups were smokey.
- Fire Alarm – Shore Acres Dr – Spilt food burned in the oven while baking bacon.
- Theft – 198th Ave – Jacket taken from a business. Keys inside leaving owner stranded.
Saturday, October 28, 2023
- Agency Assist/Traffic Complaint – Hwy 10/25 – From the area of Becker. A State Trooper stopped the vehicle in Big Lake. Officer assisted for safety. Party arrested for DWI.
- Vehicle Lockout – Powell St – Performed vehicle lockout for a buckled toddler locked inside.
- Community Policing – Lake St S – Attended trunk or treat event at Saron Lutheran Church.
- Agency Assist/Crash – Co Rd 73/214th Ave – Assisted a deputy with an unoccupied, rolled over vehicle in the ditch.
- Lift Assist – Ormsbee St – Assisted an uninjured person from the floor.
- Traffic Complaint – Eastbound Hwy 10 – Checked the area. Unable to locate.
- Agency Assist – BLPD – Assisted Becker PD with use of the breath alcohol machine.
Friday, October 27, 2023
- Juvenile Complaint – Jefferson Blvd – Called to assist parents with a juvenile refusing to get back into a vehicle.
- Trespass – Henry Rd – Called to remove husband’s girlfriend from their residence.
Thursday, October 26, 2023
- Fire Alarm – Sandbar Ln – Responded and learned that food burned on the stove.
- Crash – Eagle Lake Rd N/Washington Ave – Two vehicles. No injuries.
- Agency Assist/Crash – Hwy 10/Eagle Lk Rd – Assisted State Patrol on a vehicle vs bicyclist.
Wednesday, October 25, 2023
- Agency Assist – Jefferson Blvd – Assisted Sherburne Deputy on a warrant arrest.
- Fire – Forest Rd – Smell of spoke in a residence. Responded with FD.
- Agency Assist – Hwy 25/River St – Assisted Wright Co. on a perimeter for possible burglary in progress.
Tuesday, October 24, 2023
- Open Door – Marketplace Dr – Located during a business check. Checked business.
- Crash – Eagle Lake Rd N/Aberdeen Way – Two vehicles, no injuries. Vehicles towed.
- Fraud – Fern St – Party called an incorrect number for a utility company. Provided bank information when told payment was past due and must be paid immediately.
- Burning Complaint – Powell St N – Unattended, unauthorized objects burned in a backyard.
- ATV Complaint – Hill St N – Complaint received. Contacted parties to verify they were riding legally.
- Agency Assist – Minnesota Ave – Assisted School Resource Officer with a student that left the building.
Monday, October 23, 2023
- Hit and Run – Pleasant Ave – Garbage cans, mailboxes, and basketball hoop struck and damaged.
- Juvenile Complaint – Minnesota Ave/Eagle Lake Rd – Item, later learned to be a toy replica of a semiautomatic handgun, pointed at a motorist. Juvenile located by officers.
- Missing Child – Helen Way – Assisted locating a child that was not delivered by the bus.
- Road Hazard – Highline/Co Rd 73 – Removed a mattress from the roadway.