Calls for Service – Jail Bookings
October 16, 2023 – October 22, 2023
Call for Service Summary:
- Calls for Service for Week: 249
- 2023 Calls for Service:9,484
- Traffic Stops/Enforcement: 74
- Citations: 13
- Arrests: 4
- Medical Emergency Calls: 7
- Mental Health/Check Welfare: 4
- Civil Mediation (Child Custody-Property): 5
- Harassment Reports: 1
- Domestics: 6
- Dog Complaints/Found Animals7
BLPD Arrests with Booking:
- Anthony Bailey (Age 43 – Big Lake, MN) DWI
- Paul Pederson (Age 44 – Big Lake, MN) Warrant
- Kegan Workman (Age 28 – Big Lake, MN) Domestic
- Juvenile for Domestic Assault
Sunday, October 22, 2023
- Traffic Complaint – Lake St S/Putnam Ave – Checked area. Unable to locate.
- Public Assist – Hwy 10/Co Rd 15 – Provided emergency lights for a vehicle that broke down on the side of the roadway. Children were moved from one vehicle to another.
- Disturbance – 198th St – Intoxicated patron causing a disturbance. Mediated.
- Parking Complaint – Hill St N – Citations issued to vehicles parked in the no parking area.
Saturday, October 21, 2023
- Agency Assist – 215th Ave – Checked area for a suspicious person walking around a residence. Party located and found to be a solicitor.
- Traffic Complaint – Ormsbee St – Speeding motorcycle. Unable to locate.
- Check Welfare – Highland Trl – A party fell in a yard, possibly intoxicated. Party contacted by officers. Found to have a Wright County warrant. Confirmed and arrested.
- Security Alarm – 177th St – Responded. Employee trip.
- Funeral Escort – Eagle Lk Rd N/Minnesota Ave – Assisted with traffic control.
- Disturbance – Jefferson Blvd – Party banging on front door. Unable to locate.
Friday, October 20, 2023
- Disturbance – Jefferson Blvd – Called for assistance with trespassed party. Officer verified the party’s ID and it was not the person trespassed.
- Hazardous Road Condition – Eagle Lake Rd/Bermuda Ave – Removed construction material from the roadway.
- Crash – Minnesota Ave – Two vehicle crash in a private parking lot. Information obtained.
- Crash – Eagle Lk Rd N – Vehicle driven by party with Instructional Permit was driven into a tree. Passenger sustained injury.
- Public Assist – Winnebago St – Assisted delivering a message.
- Crash – Jefferson Blvd – Two vehicles in a private parking lot. Information gathered.
- Parking Complaint – Euclid Ave – Vehicle in handicap space with no placard displayed. Contacted owner and verified party had a placard. Warned to display.
- Traffic Complaint – Co Rd 17/Hwy 10 – Emailed complaint of a possible drunk driver. (Emailed complaints are received during business hours. Please call 911 or Sherburne County Dispatch at 763-763-3595 to have an officer handle a situation in progress.)
- Parking Complaint – Sanford Ave – Citation issued to a commercial vehicle parked on the street.
Thursday, October 19, 2023
- Lift Assist – Norwood Ln – Assisted and uninjured party.
- Fraud – Grace Dr – Incident documented.
- Dog Bite – Driftwood Cir – Information gathered. Bite process begun.
- Traffic Stop – Eagle Lk Rd N – Stopped for speed. Signs of impairment. DWI investigation conducted. Driver arrested for DWI. Refused test. Booked into Sherburne Jail.
- Suspicious Person – Hiawatha/Eagle Lk Rd – Checked. Assisted party that was walking.
- 911 Hang Up – Inverness Way – Accidental dial.
- Parking Complaint – Arctic Ave – Citation issued for fire hydrant violation.
Wednesday, October 18, 2023
- Agency Assist – BLPD – Assisted Becker PD with alcohol breath test machine.
- Traffic Complaint – Junegrass Dr – Area checked. Unable to locate.
- Suspicious Activity – Norwood Ln – Investigated. No problems found.
- Community Policing – BL HS – Stopped by the football game.
- Juvenile Complaint – Minnesota Ave – Spoke with parent and juvenile about discipline options.
- Suspicious Vehicle – Co Rd 81/204th Ave – Checked an occupied vehicle. No problems.
- Hazardous Road Condition – Lake St S/Pleasant Ave – Removed object from the roadway.
- Conservation – Edinburgh Way – Questions about a coyote. Directed to MN DNR.
- Fraud – Lake St S – Letter from the “IRS” about back taxes in states party never resided.
Tuesday, October 17, 2023
- Disturbance – Minnesota Ave – Mediated a heated disagreement between neighbors.
- Agency Assist – Co Rd 68 – Assisted Hidalgo County, Texas with gathering information.
- Hit and Run – Minnesota Ave – Information obtained. Investigation ongoing.
- Suspicious Activity – Lake St S – Information received and shared with officers.
- Community Policing – BLPD – Safety talk with school Transition Program students.
- Public Assist – Hwy 10/Co Rd 81 – Checked a vehicle stopped on the side of the road. Vehicle just struck something and received damage. Racoon located on the roadway.
Monday, October 16, 2023
- Public Assist – Hwy 10/168th St – Checked on vehicle on the shoulder. The owner stopped with a tow truck to retrieve broken down vehicle. Provided lights for the tow truck.
- Fraud – Rose Dr – eBay wire fraud scam. Investigation ongoing.
- Security Alarm – Harrison Dr – Checked. No problems found.
- Traffic Complaint – Highway 10 – Located vehicle and spoke to driver about complaint.