Calls for Service – Jail Bookings
October 9, 2023 – October 15, 2023
Call for Service Summary:
- Calls for Service for Week: 287
- 2023 Calls for Service:9,234
- Traffic Stops/Enforcement: 101
- Citations: 23
- Arrests: 3
- Medical Emergency Calls: 3
- Mental Health/Check Welfare: 13
- Civil Mediation (Child Custody-Property): 6
- Harassment Reports: 0
- Domestics: 2
- Dog Complaints/Found Animals1
BLPD Arrests with Booking:
- Bethany Nelson (Age 46 – Big Lake, MN) DWI
- Demarco Brown (Age 42 – Lester Prairie, MN) Warrant
- Garrett Powers (Age 43 – Elk River, MN) DWI
Sunday, October 15, 2023
- Suspicious Vehicle – Liberty School – Checked a vehicle parked near soccer fields.
- Suspicious Activity – Corinne Dr – Report of a party trying to break into neighbor’s house. Party located walking away from the area. Officers investigated.
- Dog Bite – Forest Rd – Report received. Investigation begun.
- Suspicious Activity – Hiawatha Ave/Golf St – Investigated a reported situation.
- Fraud – Independence – Party received a call from a person claiming to be from Amazon fraud department. Party talked into downloading “My Desk” app on devices that allowed person to log into the devices. Information compromised.
Saturday, October 14, 2023
- Agency Assist – Big Lake – Assisted a deputy with a boating complaint on Big Lake.
- Theft – Lake St S – Report received. Investigation begun.
- Suspicious Activity – Martin Ave – Possible drug activity. Investigated.
- Disturbance – Highland Bay/Highland Trl – Piercing loud noise coming from something. Investigated to find the source. Learned it was an alarm on a boat.
- Agency Assist – Co Rd 14 – Assisted a deputy on a medical emergency call.
- Disturbance – Highland Trl – Piercing loud noise. Unable to find the source.
- Drone – BL FD – Flew drone over FD open house for demonstration and pictures.
- Community Policing – BL FD – Officers and Reserves participated in the FD open house.
- Disturbance – 204th Ave – Complaint about construction equipment operating before 9am.
- Traffic Stop – Hwy 10/Co Rd 81 – Stopped for headlight out. Signs of impairment from the driver. DWI investigation conducted. Driver arrested, tested, and booked into jail.
Friday, October 13, 2023
- Open Door – Minnesota Ave – Found during a business check.
- Security Alarm – Station St – Elevator alarm. No problems found.
- Juvenile Complaint – Rose Dr – Assisted a parent with verifying child’s story.
- Security Alarm – Harrison Dr – False alarm by owner.
- Community Policing – BL High School – Stopped out at the Big Lake/Becker football game.
- Crash – Martin/Phyllis – Two vehicle injury crash.
- Warrant – Northstar Station – Officer on patrol ran vehicle registration of an occupied vehicle parked in the lot. The owner had a warrant. Occupant was contacted and found to be the owner. Arrested and booked into Sherburne Jail.
- Agency Assist – Hwy 10 – Assisted a deputy on a security alarm.
- Agency Assist – Maple Lane – Contacted a party for Ramsey County for a recovered stolen vehicle.
- Parking Complaint – Eagle Lake Rd N – A business requested an attempt to contact a vehicle owner about a vehicle parked in an unwanted location. Contact made.
Thursday, October 12, 2023
- Community Policing – Middle School – Officer participated in a safety presentation.
- Security Alarm – Harrison Dr – False trip by owner.
- Security Alarm – Harrison Dr – False trip by owner.
- Crash – Forest Rd/Oak Ln – Two vehicles. No injuries.
- Hit and Run – Minnesota Ave – Side swipe in a parking lot. Vehicle located.
- Suspicious Person – 204th Ave – Solicitors going door to door without a permit.
- Traffic Complaint – Glenwood/Eagle Lake Rd – Back up due to road work on 205th Ave.
- Hit and Run – Pleasant Ave – Garbage can was struck and damaged. No information left.
Wednesday, October 11, 2023
- Agency Assist – Hwy 10/Lakeshore Dr – Assisted a State Trooper on a traffic stop.
- Suspicious Vehicle – Putnam Ave – Investigated an occupied vehicle at a closed business.
- Agency Assist – Minnesota Ave – Assisted Ramsey County with gathering information for an investigation.
- Crash – Minnesota Ave/Fern St – Two vehicles. No injuries. Tow needed.
- Traffic Complaint – Hwy 10/Eagle Lk Rd – Checked area for vehicle. Unable to locate.
- Traffic Complaint – Glenwood Ave/Eagle Lk Rd – Vision Bus requested traffic control assistance with intersection backup. Assisted with traffic control.
- Agency Assist – Hwy 10/Co Rd 11 – Assisted State Patrol on a crash with multiple injuries.
- Open Door – Martin Ave – Located during a business check.
Tuesday, October 10, 2023
- Suspicious Vehicle – Monroe St – Checked a vehicle reported as suspicious.
- Agency Assist – 187th Ave – Assisted deputy with a medical emergency call.
- CO Alarm – Lake Ave – Responded. Problem with the detector.
- Found Property – Fern St – Items turned over to PD. Located owner.
- Security Alarm – Sanford Ave – Accidental trip while working through a system issue.
- Traffic Stop – Hwy 10/Lakeshore Dr – Stopped for driver being revoked. Signs of impairment. DWI investigation conducted. Driver arrested for DWI, tested, and booked into Sherburne Jail.
- Mail Tampering – Truman Dr – Mail theft led to a fraud attempt. Investigation ongoing.
Monday, October 9, 2023
- Crash – Lake St/Monroe – Single vehicle injury crash.
- Agency Assist/Drone Deployment – Ash Blvd, Becker – Assisted with aerial support while Elk River K9 team tracked for a wanted subject.
- Crash – Co Rd 73/Delta St – Vehicle vs deer.
- Lift Assist – Karen Ln – Assisted a party that fell while walking their dog.
- Lift Assist – Aberdeen Way – Assisted a party from the floor.
- Trespass – Jefferson Blvd – Assisted a business trespass a party.