Calls for Service – Jail Bookings
September 4, 2023 – September 10, 2023
Call for Service Summary:
- Calls for Service for Week: 231
- 2023 Calls for Service:8,022
- Traffic Stops/Enforcement: 75
- Citations: 11
- Arrests: 4
- Medical Emergency Calls: 13
- Mental Health/Check Welfare: 8
- Civil Mediation (Child Custody-Property): 2
- Harassment Reports: 2
- Domestics: 5
- Dog Complaints/Found Animals2
BLPD Arrests with Booking:
- Remus Hardin (Age 42 – Big Lake, MN) Domestic
- Dominic Gregory (Age 24 – Sauk Centre, MN) Warrant
- Jonathan Schinzel (Age 32 – Big Lake, MN) DWI
- John Stevenson (Age 42 – Big Lake, MN) Warrant
Sunday, September 10, 2023
- Agency Assist/Juvenile Runaway – Minnesota Ave – Assisted deputy attempt to locate a runaway juvenile.
- Agency Assist/Domestic – 233rd Ave – Assisted deputy until another deputy arrived.
- Traffic Stop – Pintail St – Vehicle registration showed the owner had a warrant. Owner was seen in the passenger seat. Traffic stop conducted. Party detained and warrant was confirmed. Arrested and transported to Sherburne Jail.
- Suspicious Vehicle – Providence Dr – Vehicle occupied. Checked party sleeping in vehicle.
- Suspicious Vehicle – Co Rd 43 – Checked a vehicle parked at a closed business.
Saturday, September 9, 2023
- Traffic Stop – Ormsbee St – Stopped for no headlights on and crossing lane line. Signs of impairment. DWI investigation conducted. Driver placed into custody. Officer learned a young child was home alone. Checked on the child and monitored until a caregiver was able to respond to the residence.
- Agency Assist – BLPD – Assisted State Patrol while using the DMT machine.
- Agency Assist/Medical – 195th St – Assisted County on a medical emergency.
- Missing Person – Henry Rd – Juvenile reported missing. Checked residence, began searching area with assistance from FD. Juvenile located just under an hour and a half later.
- Burning Complaint – Pond View Dr – Report of fire larger than 3’x3’. Responded and witnessed violation. Contacted party tending fire.
- Gas Smell – 204th Ave – Responded with FD. No readings. Gas company contacted.
- Funeral Escort – Eagle Lk Rd N – Assisted with traffic control for a funeral procession.
- Suspicious Vehicle – 177th/176th St – Contacted a driver that left a vehicle running on the side of the road. No problems, possible future business owner.
- Public Assist – Hwy 10/Eagle Lk Rd – Vehicle died at stoplight. Assisted moving out of the roadway.
- Loud Music Complaint – Truman/204th – Located source of music. Party contacted.
- Suspicious Person – Harrison/Independence – Bicycle ridden without lights after dark. Contacted operator walking up to a house. Contacted parents as well about bicycle laws and juvenile curfew.
Friday, September 8, 2023
- Traffic Complaint – Hwy 10/Co Rd 11 – Caller kept vehicle in sight to assist officer locate. Vehicle stopped.
- Boating Complaint – Lakeside Park – Report of jet ski operators drinking alcohol and driving close to other boats. Operators contacted.
- Missing Person – William St – Child did not get off bus. Officers made contact and located the juvenile at home.
- Agency Assist/TS – Hwy 25/Co Rd 11 – Backed a Wright Co Deputy on a traffic complaint until another deputy arrived.
- Warrant Arrest – Earl Rd – Attempted an arrest warrant. Party contacted and taken into custody. Transported to Sherburne Jail.
- Drugs – Eagle Lake Rd N – Drugs found in a business bathroom. Turned over to PD for proper disposal.
- Traffic Complaint – Eagle Lk Rd N/Minnesota – Assisted with backed up traffic.
- Disturbance – Ormsbee St – Residents calling for their dog. No longer occurring after arrival.
Thursday, September 7, 2023
- Suspicious Person – Lake St N – Contacted a party planning to hangout for a few hours. Owner contacted and gave permission.
- Suspicious Activity – Forest Rd – Vehicle with interior light on and no one around. Checked and contacted a party at the residence vehicle parked in front of.
- Fire Alarm – Fern St – Responded. Set off by construction project.
- Trespass – Forest Rd – Report of unwanted people at residence. Spoke with parties.
- Parking Complaint – Lake St S – Requested to check vehicle parked on private property. Nothing suspicious found. Advised it was private property.
- Suspicious Vehicle – Co Rd 68 – Contacted a vehicle that drove through a field. Driver worked for the farm.
- Gas Leak – Ormsbee St – Report of a possible leak from a natural gas station. Responded with FD.
Wednesday, September 6, 2023
- Suspicious Person – 205th Ave – Checked the area for a party. Unable to locate.
- Crash – Co Rd 43/Minnesota – Property damage crash. Information gathered.
- Funeral Escort – Lake St N – Assisted with traffic control for funeral procession.
- Disturbance – 198th Ave – Report of two parties in a fight. Investigated. Both parties contacted and would not cooperate with investigation.
- Agency Assist/Fire Alarm – Minnesota Ave – Responded. Found to be a false alarm.
Tuesday, September 5, 2023
- Security Alarm – Park Ave – Responded and checked. No problems found.
- Gas Leak – Minnesota Ave – FD checked for gas readings.
- Security Alarm – 198th Ave – Responded. Found unsecure. Checked and secured.
- Security Alarm – Hill Cir W – Responded and checked. No problems found.
- Hit and Run – Minnesota Ave – Vehicle struck in school parking lot. Investigation ongoing.
- Juvenile Complaint – Henry Rd – Information received about a student talking about causing problems at school. Information gathered and shared with Sherburne County Sheriff.
- Crash – Rose Dr – Property damage crash in parking lot. Information gathered.
- Public Assist – Eagle Lk Rd/Glenwood Ave – Directed traffic for school let out.
- ATV Complaint – Martin/Fern – ATV weaving in and out of traffic. Unable to locate.
- Agency Assist/Traffic Complaint – Hwy 25/196th St – Assisted State Patrol with a deer hunting shelter that fell off a trailer into the road.
- Crash – Lake St N – Property damage crash in a parking lot. Information gathered.
- Fight – Lake St N – Called to a business for a patron that was physical toward another.
- Forgery – Lake St N – Party met up for a cash transaction after connecting on Facebook. Majority of bills paid were counterfeit.
- Crash – Winnebago/Hiawatha Ave – Bicyclist stopped suddenly to avoid colliding with a vehicle, fell over, and was injured. Information gathered. Ambulance transported.
- Drone Assist – Freeport Ave – Assisted Elk River PD locate a burglary suspect.
Monday, September 4, 2023
- Disturbance – Henry Rd – Party striking a door and confrontational. Trying to start a fight.
- Lift Assist – Leighton Dr – Assisted uninjured party from the ground.
- Suspicious Activity – Henry Rd – Possibly had someone in residence while away.
- Burning Complaint – Aberdeen Way – Unattended fire. Contacted resident.
- Disturbance – Lakeside Park – Patron confrontational toward another boater at the launch. Mediated by officers.
- Parking Complaint – Hill St – Discussed a parking concern with a resident.
- 911 Hang Up – Minnesota Ave – Responded. Misdial.
- Domestic – Gordon Ln – Call to residence. Investigated. Arrest for domestic assault.