Calls for Service – Jail Bookings
August 28, 2023 – September 3, 2023
Call for Service Summary:
- Calls for Service for Week: 247
- 2023 Calls for Service:7,791
- Traffic Stops/Enforcement: 91
- Citations: 15
- Arrests: 2
- Medical Emergency Calls: 13
- Mental Health/Check Welfare: 8
- Civil Mediation (Child Custody-Property): 6
- Harassment Reports: 4
- Domestics: 3
- Dog Complaints/Found Animals3
BLPD Arrests with Booking:
- Anthony Hill (Age 42 – Minneapolis, MN) Warrant
- Marcia Thompson (Age 50 – Big Lake, MN) Domestic
Sunday, September 3, 2023
- Agency Assist – Mississippi Bridge – Attempted to find boaters stranded on the river.
- Drone Assist – Co Rd 11 – Responded to assist finding boaters stranded on the river. Boaters were found shortly after officer arrived on scene.
- Crash – Eagle Lake Rd/Martin Ave – Two vehicle crash with injury.
- Traffic Complaint – Lake St N – Vehicle located.
- Open Door – Humboldt – Responded, checked the business, and contacted keyholder.
- Agency Assist – Lake St S/Tarry Town Rd – Backed State Patrol on a traffic stop.
Saturday, September 2, 2023
- Domestic – Forest Rd – Called to an assault. Investigated. Party arrested for bodily harm.
- ATV Complaint – Birch – Loud 4-wheeler. Spoken with about ATV and noise ordinances.
- Agency Assist – February St – Coon Rapids PD shared information for a check welfare involving a vehicle registered to this address. Spoke with owners to verify everything was oaky.
- Dog Bite – McDowall Park/Sterling Dr – Report of a black dog that attacked caller’s two dogs while walking on the trail. Caller was scratched and bitten while breaking up the fight. Unknown where dog lived, and no collar seen.
- Traffic Complaint – Eagle Lk Rd N/Hwy 10 – Checked area. Unable to locate.
- Trespassing – Co Rd 43 – Report of parties trespassing on BNSF property near the NorthStar.
- Agency Assist – Eagle Lake Rd N – Checked a residence for a party wanted for domestic assault in Wright County.
- Park Patrol – Sanford Select Acres Park – Contacted parties on the park equipment after hours.
Friday, September 1, 2023
- Theft – Highland Trl – Report taken.
- Suspicious Activity – Forest Rd – Information received.
- Fire Alarm – 198th Ave – Responded with FD to a business. Fire suppression system took care of the fire prior to response.
- Traffic Complaint – Bermuda Ave/Pacific Cir – Checked area. Unable to locate.
- Disturbance – Henry Rd – Responded for parties threatening each other. Mediated.
- Theft – Inverness Way – Theft of a bicycle. Report taken.
- Noise Complaint – Rose Dr – Parked vehicle had horn going off.
- Agency Assist – Henry Rd – Accompanied Social Worker on a home visit.
- Lift Assist – Norwood Ln – Assisted uninjured person from the ground.
Thursday, August 31, 2023
- Suspicious Activity – 205th Ave – Contacted parties at a school after hours.
- Public Assist – Highline/Sterling – Vehicle with flashers on. Provided lights for a party loading items into the vehicle.
- Community Policing – BL HS – Stopped by the football game.
- 911 Hang Up – Green Tree Ct – Responded. Found a child played with a phone.
- Traffic Complaint – Sandford Ave – Vehicle located.
- Assault – 176th St – Report of an assault. Investigated. Citation issued.
- Hit and Run – Eagle Lk Rd/Hwy 10 – Report taken.
- Fire Alarm – Co Rd 43 – Responded. Canceled enroute. Burnt food in microwave.
- Traffic Complaint – Rose Dr – Driving conduct observed and caller followed vehicle to a parking lot. Officers contacted the driver.
- Suspicious Person – Sterling Dr – Party wearing a mask pounding on caller’s front door. Responded and checked the area for four that ran from the residence.
Wednesday, August 30, 2023
- Traffic Stop – Eagle Lake Rd N – Vehicle stopped for owner showing a revoked license and warrant. Owner contacted and arrested. Cited for driving while revoked.
- Suspicious Vehicle – 197th Ave/166th St – Report of a vehicle from Mississippi parked at a dead end. Officer investigated.
- Lift Assist – Norwood Ln – FD handled the call prior to officer arriving.
- Found Property – Corinne Dr – Found bicycles reported. Brought to PD.
- Disturbance – Maple Ln – Mediated for neighbors not getting along.
- Loud Music – Gordon Ln – Report of loud music. Unable to respond right away as busy on another call. Nothing found when officer checked the area.
- Disturbance – Pond View Cir – Mediated for a party unhappy with a contractor.
- 911 Hang Up – Station St – Responded. No problems found.
Tuesday, August 29, 2023
- Agency Assist – 182nd Ave – Assisted a deputy on a medical emergency call.
- Suspicious Activity – Marketplace/168th St – Contacted a party outside a closed business. Gathered information and no problems found.
- Fraud – Eagle Lake Rd S – Report taken of fraud involving purchase of Itunes cards.
- Hit and Run – 198th Ave – Occurred in a business lot. Investigation ongoing.
- Counterfeit – Rose Dr – Counterfeit bill passed at a business. Investigating.
- Parking Complaint – Leighton Dr – Contacted vehicle owner about ordinance violations.
- Fraud – Euclid Ave – Money sent for a relationship online.
- Fraud – Hiawatha Ave – Social security fraud. Bank routing information was changed so party did not receive check.
- Parking Complaint – Donna Ct – Citation issued for vehicle parking off the edge of the street into a yard.
Monday, August 28, 2023
- Public Assist – Jefferson Blvd – Directed traffic for two coach buses entering and later exiting a business.
- Monitored and conducted traffic enforcement on Glenwood Ave and Eagle Lake Rd N.