During their meeting on Tuesday, the Bcker City Council adopted plans for road projects for 2023, which follows the city’s capital improvement plan. Streets affected will include:
• Third St. from Edgewood St. to Brenda Blvd.,
• Brant Ave.,
• Brant Ct.,
• Brenda Blvd. from Edgewood St. to Third St.,
• Prairie Rd.,
• Forrest Dr. from Parkview Ave. to Brant Ave.,
• Meadowlark Blvd.,
• Meadowlark Ct.,
• Morning Dove Dr.,
• Dawson Ct, and
• both access points of the BAC (Becker Athletic Center).
Council approved the project specs and authorized staff to go out for bids for the project.
Upgrades to BCC
Council approves two upgrades to the Becker Community Center, including a new air handling unit and a new water softener.
The air unit would be replaced in fall, as staff hoped to be able to get through the hot summer months before needing to do construction on the roof to install the unit. They hoped to do all other necessary work before that time so it would be ready to install in the fall.
The water softener to be replaced is over 25 years old and not in good condition any more. It will need to be replaced quickly.
In Other Business, the Council:
• Approved changes to chapter 11 of city code, pertaining to residential buildings;
• Agreed to a resolution to adopt an AUAR with Xcel Energy after it is approved by the county later this month.