Calls for Service – Jail Bookings
October 30, 2023 – November 5, 2023
Call for Service Summary:
- Calls for Service for Week: 227
- 2023 Calls for Service:9,981
- Traffic Stops/Enforcement: 82
- Citations: 19
- Arrests: 7
- Medical Emergency Calls: 7
- Mental Health/Check Welfare: 7
- Civil Mediation (Child Custody-Property): 6
- Harassment Reports: 3
- Domestics: 4
- Dog Complaints/Found Animals 4
- Suspicious Activity/Vehicle/Person 3
BLPD Arrests with Booking:
Martel Hayes (Age 32 - Minneapolis, MN) Warrant
Deauntry Dunbar (Age 38 – St Cloud, MN) Warrant
Brianna Johnson (Age 25 – Big Lake, MN) Warrant
Deanna Hilgers (Age 53 – Big Lake, MN) DWI
Randy Weeks (Age 40 – Big Lake, MN) Warrant
Brent Anderson (Age 44 – Big Lake, MN) DWI
Sakai Mackie (Age 18 – Big Lake, MN) Domestic
Sunday, November 5, 2023
- Crime Against Justice – Jefferson Blvd – A traffic stop was attempted for a lane change violation. The vehicle, instead, increased speed and fled eastbound on Highway 10. Elk River PD assisted with stop stick deployment. The suspect vehicle struck the sticks. Officers lost sight of the vehicle but a caller informed dispatch it went into a ditch. The vehicle was located and was unoccupied. Elk River’s K9 team and Anoka Co. drone pilot responded to search the area. The suspect was not located. Investigation ongoing.
- Lift Assist – Marketplace Dr – Assisted a party, that could not walk, into an RV.
- Disturbance – Eagle Lake Rd N – Call of an argument during a custody exchange.
- Domestic – Marketplace Dr – Called to a domestic. Investigated and learned an assault occurred. The suspect was located, arrested, and booked into Sherburne Jail.
- Eagle Lake Rd/Glenwood Ave – Crash – Two vehicle crash with injury.
- Security Alarm – Mitchell Rd – Accidental trip.
- Juvenile Runaway – Pleasant Ave – Report taken. Juvenile returned.
- Abandoned Vehicles – Co Rd 43 – A business called for assistance with several vehicles left in their parking lot without communicating with the business.
- Burning Complaint – Industrial/Hwy 10 – Odor of burnt tires and smoke in the area. Unable to locate the source.
Saturday, November 4, 2023
- DWI – Hwy 10/Co Rd 43 – Traffic stop for lane violations. The driver was slow to stop and argued with officers after stopped. Signs of impairment from driver. DWI investigation conducted. The driver arrested for DWI, tested, and booked into Sherburne Jail.
- Conservation – Eagle Lake Rd/Highline – Requested to issue a car kill deer permit for a party wanting to take possession of a deer struck and killed. Permit issued.
- Public Assist – Eagle Lake Rd/Hwy 10 – Vehicle with a broken axle in the turn lane. Provided lights and started a tow truck to remove.
- Security Alarm – 177th St – Checked. Contacted keyholder about findings.
- Traffic Complaint – Engle Wood Dr/Providence – Checked area. Unable to locate.
- Security Alarm – Rose Dr – Responded and checked.
- Crash – Minnesota Ave – Past action property damage while in a parking lot. Documented.
- Property Damage – Tarrytown Rd – Damage to siding occurred overnight.
- Agency Assist/Drone Deployment – Ogden St, ER – Aerial search of a wooded area to assist Elk River PD.
Friday, November 3, 2023
- Juvenile Complaint – Wall St – Harassment on social media accusing complainant of inappropriate behavior. Directed to speak with parents about the matter.
- DWI – Hwy 10/Lake St – Stop for speed. Signs of impairment from the driver. DWI investigation conducted. The driver was determined to be impaired and was placed into custody. Tested and booked into the Sherburne Jail.
- Crash – Rose Dr – While attempting a private transport with a dolly, vehicle slid off and damaged the assisting vehicle. Information gathered and documented.
- Traffic Complaint – Glenwood Ave/Eagle Lk Rd – Area checked. Unable to locate.
- Traffic Complaint – Lake St S/Ormsbee St – Located vehicle unoccupied.
- Security Alarm – BL Middle School – School Resource Officer on scene.
- Traffic Complaint – Rose Dr – Unable to respond due to other calls.
- ATV Complaint – Eagle Lk Rd/Glenwood Ave – Unable to locate.
- Dog Bite – Eagle Lake Rd S – Information gathered. Quarantine begun.
- Agency Assist – Ruddy Duck Ln – Broome Co. New York Deputy requesting assistance with gathering information for an investigation.
- Fraud – Minnesota Ave – Report taken.
- Traffic Complaint – Co Rd 73/Manitou – Unoccupied vehicle blocking turn lane. Towed.
- Security Alarm – Jefferson Blvd – Responded. Employees on site receiving a delivery.
- Warrant Arrest – Lake St S/Ormsbee St – Stopped vehicle for speed. Driver had a warrant and was arrested. Custody transferred to Wright County.
Thursday, November 2, 2023
- Warrant Arrest – Jefferson Blvd – Vehicle registration check showed the owner had an arrest warrant. Stopped vehicle. The driver was identified as the owner with the warrant. Driver arrested and booked into Sherburne Jail.
- Car vs Deer – Co Rd 73/214th Ave – Report taken. Deer ran off prior to officer’s arrival.
- Traffic Complaint – Eagle Lake Rd/Glenwood Ave – Traffic backed up as a semi was unable to make it through the intersection. Assisted with traffic control.
- Juvenile Complaint – 204th Ave/Gordon Ln – Altercation on a school bus resulted in a student being sent from the bus. Officers called. Contacted juvenile and investigated the incident.
- Traffic Complaint – Eagle Lake Rd/Glenwood Ave – Traffic backed up. Directed traffic.
Wednesday, November 1, 2023
- Fire – Forest Rd – Smell of burning metal. Found the water heater was charred. FD on scene.
- Agency Assist – Engle Wood Dr – Accompanied Health and Human Services on a home visit.
- Theft – Lake Ridge Dr – Theft from unlocked vehicle parked in the driveway of a residence.
- Warrant Arrest – Hwy 10/172nd St – Traffic stop for speed. A passenger, not wearing a seat belt, was identified. After giving the officer a false name, the passenger was found to have an arrest warrant. The passenger was arrested and booked into Sherburne Jail for the warrant and issued a citation for false name to an officer. The driver was cited for speeding.
Tuesday, October 31, 2023
- Community Policing – City Wide – Big Lake Reserves came in to provide extra presence during Halloween Trick or Treating time.
- Disturbance – Jefferson Blvd – Customer at a business would not leave after service was refused due to the way staff was treated.
- Agency Assist – Hwy 10/Euclid – Assisted State Patrol on a road rage gun pointing incident on the Highway. The suspect vehicle was stopped by Becker PD and Sherburne Co. Big Lake PD gathered information from the victims. The driver was arrested by State Patrol.
- Public Assist – Eagle Lk Rd/Glenwood – Traffic control assistance provided.
- Agency Assist/Medical – 180th Ave – Assisted Sherburne Co. with a medical emergency.
Monday, October 30, 2023
- Public Assist – Hwy 10/Industrial – Assisted a stranded motorist arrange a tow and get to a safe location for the evening.
- Security Alarm – 177th St – Responded and found a party on site. Investigated the situation.
- Littering – Gordon Ln – Report that neighbor blew leaves into the street. Spoke with neighbor about not being allowed to deposit yard debris (leaves, grass clippings) into the street. Snow also cannot be blown, thrown, or deposited into the street.
- Agency Assist/Crash – Co Rd 11/157th St – Assisted deputy on a crash with possible injury.
- Lift Assist – Station St – Assisted party from the floor.
- Warrant Arrest – Eagle Lake Rd/Minnesota Ave – A vehicle registration check showed the owner had an arrest warrant. The owner’s DL picture was compared to the person with the vehicle. A traffic stop was conducted. The party identified and confirmed to the owner with the warrant. The party was placed into custody and booked into Sherburne Co. Jail.