Saturday, April 1st, 2023 Church Directory

Public Notice






Case Type: 14 - Other Civil

Court File No.: _____________

Order of the City Council of Big Lake,  Sherburne County, Minnesota concerning  Hazardous building on the property Located at: 421 Eagle Lake Rd. N., Big Lake, Minnesota 55309. Legally described as: The North Half of Lot 11 (N1/2) of 11) and all of Lot Twelve (12), Block Four (4), in Fairoaks Addition to the Village of Big Lake, in Government Lot Four (4), Section Nineteen (19), Township Thirty-three (33), Range Twenty-seven (27), in Sherburne County Minnesota.

Parcel Identification Number (PIN): 65-412-0445



1. YOU ARE BEING SUED.  The Plaintiff has started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiff’s Order against you is attached to this Summons. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this Summons.

2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN TWENTY (20) DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this Summons a written response called an Answer within twenty (20) days of the date on which you received this Summons under Minn. Stat. § 463.17, subd. 2. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons located at:

Campbell Knutson, P.A.

Grand Oak Office Center I

860 Blue Gentian Road, Suite 290

Eagan, Minnesota  55121

3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiff’s Order. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Order. If you believe the Plaintiff should not be given everything asked for in the Order, you must say so in your Answer.

4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE ORDER TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not answer within twenty (20) days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiff everything asked for in the Order. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the Order, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the Order.

5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.

6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Order even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.

Dated: January 18, 2023
/s/ Jack S. Brooksbank                        

Jack S. Brooksbank (0402593)

Soren M. Mattick (27785X)

City Attorneys

860 Blue Gentian Rd, Suite 290

Eagan, Minnesota 55121

Telephone:  (651) 452-5000

(Published in the Patriot: 01/21/23. 01/28/23, 02/04/23, 02/11/23.)